Sunday, July 25, 2010

Morning, 3 June (Venice, Day Two)

This morning we had breakfast while listening to the pouring rain outside. I thought we had left Oregon back in the States! I wasn't too upset about it though because....I mean, come on...we're in Venice! Who cares if it's raining?! Plus, they have thunder and lightning there. Rain is always better with thunder and lightning.
The plan for today is to go to the Basilica (church) and Doge's palace.

"Thankfully I slept well last night. Unfortunately, my roommates decided to get up a whole hour and a half earlier than I was planning and woke me up with their whispering. Thus, I have spent much of my morning wondering what to do with myself."

Instead of going out in the rain to explore Venice, we decided to wait until it cleared up a little. Mark something along the lines of "We don't have to be the tourists that prove they can tough the rain; we're from Oregon, we know we'd get along fine in the rain, but we might as well just wait it out."
I went back upstairs to our room. I laid down to rest; I was still tired and I couldn't decide if my dizziness was due to the traveling or being able to feel the buildings sway slightly. I'm pretty sure I took a nap, falling asleep to the (possibly mind-induced) rocking, sound of the rain and the thought
"I wonder what the gondolas do when it rains like this."

No comments:

Post a Comment