Monday, July 26, 2010

Venice - Random

So, for things that I didn't get pictures of or write about while we were there, here are some other things we did while we were in Venice.Shopping! Of course. Venice is (apparently) known for their Murano glass. And lace. We roamed the streets and allies looking for deals and pretty things :-) Being who I am, I knew I would buying jewelry during the trip. (More details will not be disclosed due to not wanting to give anything away) I really wanted to get some lace for my cousin; she's an amazing seamstress -- she's actually sewing her own wedding dress! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to really find what I was looking for (and a price I could afford).

One of my favorite things we found was THIS:

No, no, no, not that guy....


THESE!
Okay, so it's not a great picture. I was taking the picture blindly and trying not to draw attention. But they are balloon animals made out of glass! I thought they were pretty cool.

Then we kept passing this, which I loved.

AND there were festival masks everywhere.

(We were told afterwards we couldn't take pictures....)

Other reportable news: the discovery of GELATO. So good! Normal ice cream has been ruined for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment